This is what happens when motivated and engaged members of our club join together, share their vision, exchange ideas about solutions, and then take action to make it a reality!
Our Club’s Covid 19-Task Force, with Daniel Sidder at the helm, is definitely a great example of “People of Action!” Following is a list of actions taken in just the last 9 weeks.
- Raised $1,300 and bought treats, games, and sanitizer for 8 senior facilities in Corvallis
- Written hundreds of letters to local seniors (not sure exact number!)
- Supported 48 local businesses by purchasing gift cards and encouraging club members to shop/eat at their establishments
- Raised ~$600 to provide lunch or treats to the first responders & essential staff at the fire station, ER, and employment office
- Volunteered 28 total hours at the SAGE Garden
- Volunteered 10+ total hours at Furniture Share
- Sewn hundreds of masks for community members
- Matched the $400 from district to support local people experiencing homelessness
- Started a food drive and have delivered 2 car loads of food to the St. Vincent de Paul Food Bank
- Called Rotarians we haven’t seen much of to see how they’re doing and to continue building fellowship