The Rotary Club of Greater Corvallis has a goal this year of reaching an average 80% attendance. Currently we are languishing in the 60% category. The board set the goal above the district average of 72%. It will take an effort from all of our members for us to reach this goal.
5 Ways to Reach Our 80% Goal:
- Attend our club’s meetings! – enjoy fellowship, improved menu (with less pork and more vegetarian options), and engaging speakers.
- Second – do a make-up for meetings you have missed. Make-ups can be done on-line www.rotaryeclubone.org or by attending another club’s weekly meeting. When you attend another club’s meeting, give Secretary Tony Wilson, the makeup form you received from that club or send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make-ups can be done two weeks before or after the missed meeting. If you attend another club’s meeting, you will receive a $12 credit on your Rotary bill for the meal you paid for at the meeting.
- Attend a fellowship, service project or committee meeting. The attendance for these meetings is automatically forwarded to Secretary Tony and he will record a make-up for you. Sorry, no $12 meal credit is given for these types of make ups.
- If you have a situation in your personal or career life where you will not be able to attend a significant number of meetings for a period of time, ask the board for a “leave of absence.” This way your absence does not count against the attendance reporting to the District. These requests should be sent to VP of Membership Susie Cook. Requests will then be submitted to the full board for approval.
- The rule of 85 [age and number of years of Rotary membership add up to 85], you can ask to have this rule applied to you and your attendance is not counted toward the club’s report. (If you are on rule of 85 and you regularly attend meetings, ask to go back to regular attendance rules this way your stellar attendance will help us reach our goal).
With your help we can reach our 80% goal!
– Susie CookRead More …